Family Visa Sub F-1 Lawyers

More Content

About F-1 Visa

First Preference

F-1 is the first-preference family-based visa designed for unmarried sons and daughters of US citizens 21 years of age or older. Currently there is a quota of 23,400 for the first preference category.

If the beneficiary is an adopted child, he or she can apply for F-1 as long as the adoption procedure occurs before the adopted child turns 16 years old, and his or her parents have obtained legal guardianship for 2 years, and the applicant and the US citizen have been living together for 2 years (legal adoption procedures are completed before the applicant turns 16 years old, or the petitioner and the beneficiary have been living together for 2 years, of which the period of time preceding the adoption can be counted).

Stepchildren, on the other hand, need their stepparent and biological parent to be married before stepchildren turn 18 years of age in order to be eligible for F-1.

If you are in the US, you can submit I-485 through the USCIS to petition your foreign-citizen family member to adjust to a Green Card within the US. If your family member is abroad, then your case will be referred to National Visa Center (NVC) to be reviewed, who will later redirect it to the US Consulate in your foreign-citizen family member’s country to be processed.


Alex Tan is the most professional employee who is due diligence to follow up my case at a timely manner. He replies promptly and gave detailed feedback about my case. I highly recommend Alex Tan as your case manager.

- Mariinsky H

I have discontinued writing reviews on Yelp until now. The services I received from Seth Mitchell and his assistants were as successful as it gets. Their group was always kind, courteous, patient and diligent. This type of professionalism is rare in this day and age.

- Richard Allen R.

I was in a car accident and called Law Offices of Scott Warmuth, they took great care of me, always kept me posted along the way.  I was really happy with the results.  Christina Williams handle my lien reductions and was able to get my liens reduced by more than 50%.  If you’re looking for a good PI Law Firm, call Law Offices of Scott Warmuth.

- Cera A.

Best attorney in San Gabriel Valley for sure. Professional and patient services that I got in the worker’s comp. Especially appreciate their case manager Mr. Maurice Lin, Kana ( case file manager ) and my attorney Mr. Eric Ellison. I would recommend this firm to all my family and friends.

- Stella H.

Get a Free Consultation

Call us anytime at 888-517-9888 or fill out the form below to request a free legal consultation!