Azusa is a city located in the Los Angeles County of California, USA. As of the latest census data in 2019, Azusa had an estimated population of 48,130 people, residing in over 10,500 households. The city is spread across an area of 9.66 square miles, with a population density of approximately 5,000 people per square mile. The city consists primarily of a residential community, with a small commercial and industrial presence.
The community of Azusa is diverse, with a mix of various ethnicities and cultures. The largest ethnic groups in the city are Hispanic, white, and Asian. Approximately 65% of the population speaks English as their primary language, while 33% speak Spanish. The median age in Azusa is 33 years, with a male to female ratio of 51:49. The majority of the population belongs to the Christian faith, with various denominations represented.
Points of Interest:
Azusa offers a variety of attractions and activities that cater to all interests. Here are some of its most popular points of interest:
1. Azusa Pacific University: Founded in 1899, this private Christian university is located in Azusa and offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
2. The Gold Line Station: The Gold Line station in Azusa, part of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority system, provides access to downtown Los Angeles, Pasadena, and East Los Angeles.
3. The Azusa Greens Country Club: This full-service golf course offers breathtaking views and has been voted one of Southern California’s best golf courses.
4. The Azusa Canyon: This scenic area is perfect for hiking or taking a leisurely drive to enjoy the stunning views of the San Gabriel Mountains.
5. The Canyon City Barbeque: A popular barbecue restaurant that serves up delicious, slow-cooked meats and classic southern sides.
6. The Northside Park: This park offers picnic areas, playgrounds, a walking trail, and a skate park.
7. The Azusa Foothill Citrus Co: This historic museum offers visitors a glimpse into the agricultural heritage of the region and showcases the production of citrus during the early 1900s.
Azusa is a quaint and charming city that offers residents and visitors alike a mix of urban and natural attractions. It offers a diverse and friendly community to its residents and a range of activities and attractions for visitors. Whether you are looking for outdoor adventures or cultural attractions, Azusa is the perfect destination to explore.