Bradbury, California USA is a small city located in the eastern San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County. It is situated in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and is known for being a peaceful, well-preserved suburb of Los Angeles. Here is an overview of Bradbury’s population, demographics, and points of interest.
As of the 2020 census, the population of Bradbury was 974, making it one of the smallest cities in Los Angeles County. The majority of the city’s residents are homeowners, with a median household income of $134,000. The city has a low crime rate, excellent schools and parks, and ample green space for residents to enjoy.
Bradbury is a predominantly white city, with over 70% of residents identifying as such. The other 30% of residents are primarily Asian and Hispanic, with a small population of African American and Native American residents. The city has a median age of 49 years old, making it a popular choice for retirees and families with school-aged children.
Points of Interest:
Despite its small size, Bradbury has a few notable points of interest, including:
1. Bradbury Estate: The former home of oil tycoon and philanthropist Lewis Bradbury, this opulent mansion is now a popular event venue and film location. Built in 1927, the estate features 32 rooms, a ballroom, a conservatory, and a number of landscaped gardens.
2. Duarte Trail: This scenic trail runs through Bradbury and the neighboring city of Duarte, offering hikers and bikers breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Mountains. The trail is 1.6 miles long and is open to the public year-round.
3. Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area: Situated just outside of Bradbury, this sprawling park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, hiking, and camping. The park’s centerpiece is a 70-acre lake that is stocked with catfish, bass, and other fish.
4. City of Hope National Medical Center: This world-renowned medical research center is located on the border of Bradbury and Duarte. The hospital is known for its innovative cancer research and treatment programs and provides care to patients from around the globe.
5. Bradbury Building: Although not located in Bradbury itself, the famous Bradbury Building is just a short drive away in downtown Los Angeles. Built in 1893, the building is known for its ornate ironwork, stunning atrium, and appearances in movies like Blade Runner and L.A. Confidential.
In conclusion, Bradbury, California USA is a small but charming city that offers residents and visitors alike a taste of small-town living with easy access to all the amenities of nearby Los Angeles. With its low crime rate, excellent schools and parks, and variety of things to do and see, it is no wonder that Bradbury is considered one of the best places to live in Southern California.