City of Industry, California is a small, yet thriving city located in the San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County. This city is the third largest employment center in Los Angeles County, after Los Angeles itself and Long Beach. With a population of just over 200 residents, City of Industry is unique in that it is primarily made up of commercial, manufacturing, and industrial businesses, with only a limited amount of residential areas.
As mentioned, City of Industry, California is a relatively small city with a population of just over 200 residents. However, this number is somewhat misleading, as the city is home to approximately 67,000 daytime workers who commute to the various manufacturing and industrial businesses located within its borders. Due to this, the city has a unique dynamic, with massive warehouses and factories dominating the landscape during the day, and a relative calm and quiet returning in the evening.
Despite the high number of workers who commute to City of Industry every day, the city has a relatively homogenous population. The majority of residents are Asian, with 89.3% of the population identifying as Asian alone or in combination with other races. The remaining 10.7% of the population is predominantly made up of white residents, with smaller numbers of Hispanic and African American residents. Due to the industrial and commercial nature of the city, the age distribution is somewhat skewed towards working-age adults, with a median age of 38.6 years old.
Points of Interest
While the city of Industry is primarily known for its massive warehouses and busy industrial parks, there are still a few points of interest that draw visitors to the area.
1. Industry Hills Golf Club – This championship golf course is located in the heart of the city and is widely regarded as one of the best courses in the Los Angeles area. With stunning views of the San Gabriel Mountains and expertly designed holes, it is a golfer’s paradise.
2. Pacific Palms Resort – This luxurious resort is also located in the heart of the city and offers a wide range of amenities, including fine dining, spa services, and world-class golf. The resort is a popular venue for weddings and other special events.
3. Homestead Museum – Located just outside of the city limits, the Homestead Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in the history of Southern California. The museum is housed in two historic homes and features exhibits on the early settlers of the area, including both Mexican and Anglo-American pioneers.
4. Venice Beach – While not technically located within the city of Industry, Venice Beach is just a short drive away and is one of the most popular attractions in the Los Angeles area. With its iconic boardwalk, colorful characters, and beautiful beach, it is easy to see why so many people flock to this area every year.
In conclusion, while the city of Industry, California may not be the most well-known or exciting city in the Los Angeles area, it is a thriving center of commerce and industry that plays a vital role in the local economy. With a unique mix of massive warehouses, high-tech manufacturing facilities, and a handful of points of interest for visitors, it is a city that is simultaneously bustling and quiet, and worth a visit for anyone who is interested in seeing a different side of Southern California.