La Habra Heights is a city located in the southeastern part of Los Angeles County in California, United States. Covering an area of 6.2 square miles, the city prides itself on being a rural and equestrian community, with a limited population of approximately 5,325 people. It is a city that offers a quiet and peaceful environment, away from the noise and bustle of the surrounding urban areas.
La Habra Heights has a small and relatively stable population, with the majority of its residents being white. According to the latest census data, there are about 2,203 households, consisting mainly of couples and families with children. The city has a low population density, with an average of around 800 people per square mile. Additionally, the city has a high median household income of around $200,000, making it one of the wealthiest cities in the United States.
La Habra Heights is a diverse city, with a population made up of various ethnic groups. The majority of the residents are White (70.3%), followed by Hispanic (20.6%), Asian (5.3%), and African American (2.3%). English is the most commonly spoken language in the city with 70.7% of people speaking this language at home, while 20.1% speak Spanish. The city’s population is relatively young, with the median age being 49.6 years old.
Points of interest
1. Hacienda Park: Situated on the foothills of the Puente Hills, it provides a perfect location to hike and experience the breathtaking scenic views of the city. The park covers an area of 30 acres, and facilities include sports fields, picnic areas, and playgrounds.
2. The Park at 1885: A perfect pick for those who would want to have a good time with their family and friends. The park is popular among the city’s residents and has a playground, basketball court, walking trails, and a picnic area.
3. The Old Fire Station Museum: This museum is one of the historical landmarks in La Habra Heights. The building dates back to 1957 and houses equipment dating back to the early 1900s that was used by the city’s first responders.
4. The Hacienda Golf Club: This club provides an opportunity to enjoy a game of golf in a fully equipped facility with a lot of first-class amenities.
5. The La Habra Heights City Hall: The City Hall is a beautiful building that sits in the center of La Habra Heights. It frequently hosts community events, and the building is worth your time if you are interested in the city’s history.
6. The Powder Canyon: Provides countless opportunities for outdoor recreation like cycling, hiking, and horseback riding.
In conclusion, La Habra Heights is an idyllic and peaceful city with a touch of rural life amidst the urbanized Los Angeles County. The city offers its residents a tranquil environment like no other, with excellent outdoor recreation facilities and a strong community spirit. La Habra Heights continues to be an attractive destination for families and individuals seeking a relaxed lifestyle and a quality community.