La Mirada is a suburban city located in southeastern Los Angeles County, California. The city, which spans an area of 7.85 square miles, is home to a population of approximately 48,000 residents. La Mirada is bordered by several other cities, including Whittier, Santa Fe Springs, Buena Park, and Norwalk.
La Mirada is a relatively small city with a population that has remained relatively consistent over the past few years. As of the most recent census, the city is home to approximately 48,000 residents, with a median age of 37.7 years. The city is relatively diverse, with a population that is made up of 46.4% Hispanic or Latino residents, 38% White residents, 8.5% Asian residents, and 2.3% Black or African American residents.
La Mirada has a relatively diverse population, with a significant Hispanic or Latino population. The median household income in La Mirada is $45,980, slightly below the national average, and the poverty rate is relatively low at 9.7%. The city’s housing market is relatively stable, with a median home value of $595,000.
Points of Interest:
While it may be a small city, La Mirada offers plenty of attractions and activities for visitors and residents alike. Here are some of the top points of interest in the area:
1. La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts: This beautiful theater hosts a variety of musicals, plays, and other performances throughout the year, featuring both local and national talent.
2. Splash!: A popular water park that offers a variety of water slides, lazy rivers, and other attractions for visitors of all ages.
3. La Mirada Golf Course: This beautiful 18-hole golf course is popular among local residents and visitors alike, with pristine greens and stunning views of the surrounding area.
4. Biola University: A private Christian university with a beautiful campus that is open to visitors. The university offers a variety of events and activities throughout the year, including concerts, sporting events, and more.
5. La Mirada Regional Park: A beautiful park that spans more than 80 acres, featuring a lake, picnic areas, sports fields, and more.
6. Creek Park: This 25-acre park features a beautiful creek, hiking trails, and picnic areas, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
7. La Mirada Community Regional Park: A large park with a swimming pool complex, sports fields, and picnic areas that is popular with families.
Overall, La Mirada is a quiet, family-friendly city that offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors and residents alike. With its proximity to Los Angeles and other major cities in the area, it offers a great location for those looking to enjoy the sights and sounds of Southern California without the hustle and bustle of the big city.