San Marino is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, USA. As of the 2020 census, the population is estimated to be around 13,377 residents. The city covers an area of approximately 3.8 square miles.
San Marino is known for its affluent and well-educated residents. The city has a predominantly Asian population, with Chinese and Taiwanese being the most significant ethnic groups. Around 55% of the population is of Asian descent, followed by 41% White, 3% Hispanic, and the remaining being African American and other ethnicities.
Points of Interest:
1. Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens: One of the most prominent attractions in San Marino is the Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens. It covers a vast area and comprises a vast array of gardens, rare book collections, European art, American art, and the famous Gutenberg Bible.
2. Lacy Park: Spread across 30 acres, Lacy Park is a beloved recreational spot in San Marino. It features beautiful landscapes, manicured lawns, picnic areas, and walking paths, making it an ideal place for residents to relax and enjoy outdoor activities.
3. Crowell Public Library: The Crowell Public Library is a vital community hub in San Marino. It offers a wide range of resources, including books, magazines, digital media, and computer access to residents. The library also hosts various educational and cultural events for all age groups.
4. The Old Mill: San Marino is home to the historic Old Mill, which is often referred to as the Old Mill of Tortoise Shell Hill. This iconic structure was built in 1816 and is the oldest commercial building in Southern California. Today, it serves as a museum and an architectural landmark.
5. San Marino High School: Recognized for its academic excellence, San Marino High School is a notable institution within the city. It offers a rigorous curriculum and various extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and arts programs, ensuring a well-rounded education for its students.
6. City Club: The City Club is a private, members-only club in San Marino. It provides residents with upscale dining experiences, social events, fitness facilities, and recreational amenities. The club offers an exclusive space for networking and socializing among the community’s influential members.
7. Valentine’s Park: Nestled in a residential neighborhood, Valentine’s Park is a charming community park in San Marino. It consists of a playground area, baseball fields, tennis courts, and beautifully landscaped green spaces, offering residents a pleasant environment for outdoor activities.
8. San Marino Toy and Book Shoppe: Established in 1947, the San Marino Toy and Book Shoppe is a beloved local business. It offers a wide range of toys, books, and games for children of all ages. The shoppe also hosts storytelling sessions and occasional events that encourage a love for reading and learning.
In conclusion, San Marino, CA, USA, is a small city with a rich cultural heritage and a strong sense of community. It boasts a diverse and affluent population and offers various points of interest, including world-renowned cultural and educational institutions, picturesque parks, and local businesses that add charm and character to the city.