Westlake Village is a picturesque city located in the southeastern corner of Ventura County, California, USA. As of the latest estimates from the United States Census Bureau, the population of Westlake Village stands at approximately 8,500 residents. Despite its relatively small size, the city is renowned for its affluent community, stunning landscapes, and excellent quality of life.
Westlake Village is an incredibly diverse city, with a vibrant multicultural population. The racial makeup of the city is mainly white, accounting for about 81% of the total population. The remainder of the population consists of Asian, Hispanic, African American, and other ethnic groups. The city boasts a highly educated population, with a significant proportion of residents holding advanced degrees.
Points of Interest:
1. Westlake Village Inn: Offering a unique blend of luxury and tranquility, the Westlake Village Inn is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. Situated on 17 acres of lush gardens, this boutique hotel provides a serene escape with its vineyards, private lake, and stunning mountain views. It also features an award-winning spa, gourmet restaurants, and a world-class golf course.
2. The Promenade at Westlake: As the premier shopping destination in the area, The Promenade at Westlake presents an array of high-end retailers, upscale boutiques, and trendy restaurants. This open-air shopping center is not only a shopper’s paradise but also a hub for community events, including live music performances, art exhibits, and charity fundraisers.
3. Westlake Village Civic Center: The city takes pride in its beautifully designed Civic Center, which features a state-of-the-art public library, community center, and outdoor amphitheater. The library offers an extensive collection of books, digital resources, and educational programs, while the community center hosts various classes, workshops, and social events throughout the year. The outdoor amphitheater serves as a venue for concerts, plays, and cultural festivals.
4. Westlake Lake: Nestled in the heart of the city, Westlake Lake is a picturesque man-made lake that offers residents and visitors a tranquil oasis surrounded by natural beauty. The lake provides opportunities for fishing, boating, and paddleboarding. Additionally, lakeside jogging and biking trails allow individuals to enjoy the scenic views as they exercise.
5. Gardens of the World: This enchanting botanical garden is a hidden gem in Westlake Village. Spanning over four acres, Gardens of the World showcases meticulously manicured landscapes from various countries, including England, Japan, Italy, and France. Visitors can take in the beauty of exotic plants, vibrant flowers, and stunning sculptures as they stroll through the gardens.
6. Westlake Village Farmers Market: Every Sunday, residents flock to the Westlake Village Farmers Market to enjoy fresh local produce, baked goods, artisanal cheeses, and much more. This vibrant market also offers a wide variety of handmade crafts, live music, and food vendors serving delicious snacks and meals.
In conclusion, Westlake Village, California, with its affluent community, stunning landscapes, and vibrant atmosphere, is truly a remarkable city. From the luxurious Westlake Village Inn to the cultural gems like the Gardens of the World, the city offers a range of attractions that cater to different interests. Whether it be shopping, outdoor recreational activities, or cultural experiences, Westlake Village is sure to captivate residents and visitors alike with its diverse offerings.