Los Angeles (landing)

Immigration Lawyer in the San Gabriel Valley

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth has been providing immigration legal services for more than three decades. The United States immigration system can be complicated and intimidating without the help of a dedicated immigration lawyer. Our experienced attorneys and immigration advocates can help you and your family achieve your immediate and long-term visa and residency goals.

Call the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth today at 888-517-9888 for a free consultation with an immigration advocate. Our offices are located in the San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles, California, but we are able to assist you with your immigration needs regardless of where you and your family currently live or seek to live.

Family-Based Immigration Services

Permanent legal resident status, often referred to as a green card, allows immigrants to live and work legally in the United States. The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth can speed up the application process and increase your chances of success by helping you or your family members in the permanent residence application process.

Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens can apply for an IR visa without entering lotteries and do not face immigration quotas. Under certain circumstances, a conditional resident (CR) visa may be issued instead.

  • IR1 Visa – Spouse
  • IR2 Visa – Unmarried child under 21 years of age
  • IR3 Visa – Orphan adopted abroad
  • IR4 Visa – Orphan to be adopted in the United States
  • IR5 Visa – Parent of a U.S. citizen over 21 years of age

Family-sponsored visas apply to a broader range of family members, but face limits on how many are issued every year, which can cause a long waiting period before approval. There are four categories of family preference for immigration. Each preference category has its own quota number.

  • F1 Visa – Unmarried children over 21 years of age of U.S. citizens
  • F2 Visa – Spouses, children under 21 years of age, and unmarried children over 21 years of age of legal permanent residents
  • F3 Visa – Married children of U.S. citizens and their spouses and children under 21 years of age
  • F4 Visa – Siblings of U.S. citizens and their spouses and children under 21 years of age

While technically a non-immigrant visa, K Visas are issued to fiancés and spouses of United States citizens and often lead to permanent residence.

  • K1 Visa – Available only to fiancés of U.S. citizens entering the country for the purpose of marriage
  • K3 Visa – If a U.S. citizen marries outside of the country, their non-citizen spouse is eligible for a K-3 visa, but the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage occurred

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth has extensive experience with the family-based immigration application process. Speak with an immigration lawyer today at 888-517-9888.

Employment-Based Immigration Services

Green cards are also issued to immigrants sponsored by U.S. businesses for the purposes of employment.  If a business fails to find a qualified candidate from the United States, it may sponsor foreign workers for permanent residence.  Our dedicated immigration attorneys can help your business with the labor certifications, applications, and sponsorship required of qualified candidates seeking an EB Visa.

EB-1 Visas

For immigrants considered priority workers. EB-1 visas can be split into three sub-groups.

  • Immigrants of Extraordinary Ability – For people who have received acclaim and recognition in the fields of science, art, athletics, education, or business. Extraordinary ability candidates are not required to have a specific job offer.
  • Outstanding Researchers and Professors – For internationally-recognized teachers and researchers seeking positions in higher education. These candidates must have a job offer.
  • Multinational Company Executives and Managers – For managers and executives of companies who have an executive or managerial job offer with a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate company in the U.S.

EB-2 Visas

For advanced professionals. Professionals with an advanced degree or with a Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience and advancement are eligible for an EB-2. Also eligible for EB-2 visas are persons with advanced expertise in science, art, or business. EB-2 applicants must have a job offer, but exceptions can be made if in the national interest.

EB-3 Visas

For professionals. These visas are for professionals and workers who are not considered temporary or seasonal. EB-3 visas are split into three categories.

  • Skilled Workers – For workers whose position requires at least two years of training or experience.
  • Professionals – For workers seeking jobs that require the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree.
  • Unskilled Workers – For workers whose position does not require at least two years of training or experience.

EB-4 Visas

For immigrants who meet very specific criteria. The current list of special immigrants can be found here.

EB-5 Visas

For immigrant investors. EB-5 visas are issued to investors seeking to create businesses in the United States that would provide job creation.

Non-Immigrant Visa Petitions

Non-immigrant visas are appropriate for foreign visitors who are not seeking to stay in the United States permanently. Non-immigrant visas are often considered a first step in seeking permanent residence in the future by allowing legal entry into the country in the present. The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth can assist with non-immigrant visa applications for temporary workers and investors.

H1-B Visas

For businesses seeking workers in a specialty occupation. H1-B visas are issued to businesses seeking candidates for positions requiring a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.

L-1 Visas

For intracompany transfers. Companies seeking to transfer an executive, manager, or specialized employee to a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate company in the United States can obtain an L-1 visa.

O-1 Visas

For persons of extraordinary ability. Persons recognized in the fields of science, art, athletics, education, business, television, or film can obtain an O-1 visa to work in their field of expertise. O-1 visas are also obtainable by essential support staff to these individuals.

E-2 Visas

For investors and entrepreneurs. A work visa for a non-citizen making a significant investment in a U.S. business that allows the visa holder to operate that business.

Deportation Defense

Deportation is the act of removing a non-citizen from the country.  Undocumented immigrants, temporary workers or tourists with expired visas, and green card holders who commit a crime may be subject to deportation proceedings.  However, an immigration attorney can fight removal orders and file appeals on behalf of clients.

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth always has its clients’ best interests in mind.  Our immigration attorneys work hand-in-hand with our criminal defense attorneys to seek the best possible outcome for immigrants facing deportation.  When a person has been detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or placed into immigration detention, our attorneys can pursue all legal options to expedite release.

We offer free deportation consultations at 888-517-9888.

Contacting an Immigration Lawyer

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth believes in delivering straightforward, dependable representation to help you achieve your United States immigration goals.  Speak with an immigration attorney today.  Call us at 888-517-9888 to receive a free initial consultation.


Request a text message!