The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth is seeking qualified, enthusiastic candidates for the positions below.
To be considered for any of these open positions, please send an email to our human resources department with your most current resume attached.
Legal Research Analyst
- Research and analyze relevant precedent to identify critical legal authority on specific issues for cases of personal injury, intellectual property, workers’ compensation, immigration, and crime as requested by the attorneys of the law firm.
- Prepare briefs, legal memoranda, or statements for cases to thoroughly and accurately respond to the relevant requests from attorneys.
- Keep abreast of changes in the laws, statutes, and regulations relevant to the practice areas of the law firm and prepare change notices to attorneys and paralegals when such changes occur
- Draft legal advice based on attorneys’ instructions and submit to attorneys for review, revision, and finalization.
- Conduct legal research of Chinese law including contract law, business law, and trade law, prepare relevant briefs and memoranda to attorney, and join an attorney to provide advice to U.S. investors who are interested in investing in China.
- Conduct other relevant legal research as related to the operation of the law firm.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Law or a related field. Salary will be negotiated, based on experience and performance.
Case File Manager (Personal Injury – Mandarin Speaking)
- The CFM signs up the client directly or takes over the client’s intake process after the Department Manager has signed up the client. The intake process involves filling out forms, preferably on the computer. The forms include all pertinent contact information, such as accident details, police report, property damage pictures, insurance information and any medical treatments.
- The CFM opens the case and enters all notes from the intake form in Abacus system.
- The CFM makes arrangements to have the Property Damage (PD) repaired with an auto body shop within the network of the law firm’s contacts.
- The CFM coordinates the Medical Treatment (MT) of the client by ensuring that they are seeking treatment through their doctors or other appropriate medical providers.
- The CFM contacts both the client’s and opposing party’s insurance companies.
- During the MT process, the CFM is responsible for:
- 1) Maintaining regular contact with the client,
- 2) Scheduling necessary medical appointments and
- 3) Ensuring all appointments are kept by the client.
- The CFM is responsible for ensuring that all documents related to the case are properly scanned into the Abacus file.
- The CFM will obtain all final Medical Records (MR) and bills and prepare a report for preparation of the Demand.
- The CFM is responsible for providing regular updates (at least every two weeks) to the PI Department Manager on the status of the case.
- May be involved in writing own demands.
- Keep abreast of current Personal Injury regulations and procedures relating to Personal Injury.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Requires 3+ years processing all aspects of a Personal Injury case file.
- Experience working with clients, insurance adjusters and medical providers
- Experience in writing demand letters.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin is required. Knowing Cantonese is a big plus, but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with all Personal Injury process and issues of complexity.
- Ability to manage a high caseload
- Requires independent decision making and the ability of problem solving
- Displays cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Requires effective communication, effective listening, sound judgment and alertness to the nuances of each case.
- Able to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling negative or challenging situations
- Excellent organization skills. Excel in time management as well as customer service excellence
- Must be detail oriented, accurate with the ability to work under constant interruptions by telephone and/or visitors.
- Able to convey information and ideas through speech in ways that others will understand.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills. Excellent negotiations skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Experience in legal or insurance field a plus.
Our careers page was last updated on August 31, 2017.
Please check back soon for more career opportunities with the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth!